Easy tip: Cook 5 cups of veggies at the beginning of the week and add them to everything.
Here is this week’s veggies mix:
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
5 cloves of garlic
1 medium red onion
- Chop all to half-inch pieces
- Sauté in a wok with 3 tbsp grapeseed oil and a little salt for about 7-10min.
What to do with them:
* Eat as a side dish.
- Add them to your tomatoes sauce when eating pasta
- Add them instant soup.
- Throw them on top of pasta
- Add them to your grill cheese
- Wrap them in your burrito skins and/or taco shells and dress with salsa. You can add hot sauce to them before enjoying them Mexican style.
- Put them on top of rice cakes with hummus
- Put them on top of a baked potatoes or squash
And last but not least for the college set:
Add them to your Ramen noodles (gasp!) or your Annie’s mac n cheese. When boiling the noodles for the instant mac n cheese just add you veggies in after the noodles are almost cooked boil for 30 sec drain and prepare you mac n cheese as directed.
You can do this with just about any veggie, but keep in mind carrots and root veggies may take a little longer to cook than 10 min in the wok.
You can also do this with roasted veggies. Just keep the seasoning neutral (don’t add anything but salt) so you can season them according to your dish of the day.
For instance: Having pierogies? Add a little dill to the veggies and put them on top of the pierogies.
Use nonfat Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and voila — instant complete meal!